Trying seafood during winters is altogether a different experience. What you just need is the right beverage and the right ambiance that would help you enjoy your seafood treat to your heart’s content. In fact, there are so many options in seafood to try. Right from crab cakes and shrimps to shellfish and lobsters, you can try new recipes with these for any occasion you wish.
Well, if your mind is unable to hit an exclusive idea for a seafood recipe, why don’t you try something with lobster? In fact, a luscious recipe that can completely stun your guests is the lobster Mac n’Cheese.
What’s best about preparing lobster Mac n’Cheese is that it doesn’t involve a hectic process and you will not take more than 2 hours to get it ready on the table. Whether you want to prepare it for a Friday dinner party or for your son’s birthday, this cheese recipe will no doubt be outstanding for any of these occasions.
Now, how will you prepare it?
Here is the List of Ingredients for Mac n’Cheese:
- Elbow macaroni – 1 lb
- 1 stick of butter unsalted and divided – 8 tablespoon
- Milk – 4 cups
- All-purpose flour – ½ cup
- Gruyere cheese weighing 12 oz – 4 cups
- Kosher salt – 1 teaspoon
- Cheddar, extra sharp and grated weighing 8 oz – 2 cups
- Freshly ground black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Panko bread crumns – 1 cup
- Nutmeg – ¼ teaspoon
- 1 Lobster meat weighing ½ lbs cooked and cut into pieces of ½ inch
Methods to Prepare:
- Get an oven and preheat it to 375 degrees F. Keep six to eight gratin dishes aside.
- Take pasta and cook it as per package instructions. Take a large stockpot for cooking and do not take more than 3 minutes.
- Complete the cooking process in the oven and then get the pasta well drained.
- Once done, take butter in 6 tablespoons and melt it over medium heat in a saucepan. Take flour to whisk it well and then cook for around 1 ½ minutes.
- Get the milk whisked slowly into the butter-flour mixture till there remains no lump. Once done, heat the milk and keep stirring it frequently till it completely coats the back portion of the spoon.
- As soon as it starts bubbling, allow it to cook and stir the pan’s bottom portion that can prevent burning.
- Remove the stuff from the heat and add some cheese. Once done, take a rubber spatula to stir the milk well and ensure that it is melted completely.
- Stir the pepper, salt and nutmeg thoroughly.
- Get the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and melt it in a large sauce over medium heat. At the same time, keep the milk in its cooking process.
- Take the bread crumbs and toss them with the melted butter. Keep toasting them till they turn golden brown.
- Get the lobster meat, add it into the cheese sauce and get the entire mixture poured over the hot pasta.
- Transfer the stuff to the baking dishes and place them on a baking sheet so that it does not spill over the oven.
- Top the mac n’ cheese with bread crumbs sprinkled evenly.
- Do not take more than 50 minutes to bake the larger dish while you shouldn’t take over 35 minutes to bake the smaller one.
- Give just 10 minutes to allow the stuff cool down and then start serving.
So, your lobster mac n’cheese is ready and you can simply get a glass of white wine in beverages. Accept it or not, it’s surely going to be a big evening treat for all your near ones.