Shrimps are considered the most popular seafood, only after the fish. Raw shrimps generally have firm and translucent flesh that is low in saturated fat and calories. So, shrimps are healthy alternative to the milk proteins. Shrimps are found in different size and colours like pink, grey, brown and yellowish. However, their flesh turns opaque and orange in colour after they are cooked. You can find fresh and frozen shrimps throughout the year. In terms of nutrients, they are packed with various vitamins and minerals.
Cooking shrimps is very easy. You can prepare a scrumptious shrimp dish in a few minutes. They are cooked either shelled or unshelled. However, you need to be careful while removing their shell.
Shrimps are quite popular at the parties and the weekends, when you want to taste something different and delicious. They are also a great appetizer and served before the main course.
So, if some of your friends are dropping by this weekend at your house, go grilling with them. You can prepare some spicy shrimp appetizers and, steaks or lobster as the main course.
The spicy shrimp skewer is a great shrimp dish to go on a barbecue with friends. Take a look at the ingredients you will require at the time of grilling and the preparation method of the dish, here are they:
• Lime juice, 1/3 cup
• Honey, 1/3 cup
• Soy sauce, 1 teaspoon
• Vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon
• Jamaican jerk seasoning, 2 tablespoons
• Hot pepper sauce, 3 dashes
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Peeled and deveined shrimp, 2 pounds large
• 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
• Combine the lime juice, soy sauce, oil and honey in a large bowl. Season with hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper and jerk seasoning. Mix in the shrimp and coat by tossing them well. Cover and let the mixture marinate for one hour in refrigerator. Put wooden skewers in warm water.
• Preheat the grill over medium-high heat
• Pat dry the skewer and spurt non-stick cooking spray after removing them from the water. Skewer the shrimp. Grill the shrimp until it turns opaque and pink in colour. Each side will take almost 5 minutes on the grill for the desired result.
The shrimp will cook perfectly and you will be able to enjoy a true delicious grilled shrimp skewers dish.
You can also order the flash frozen dish online and grill at your own backyard.